Time wasters are all sorts of circumstances and events that take time but do not produce results relevant to the bachelor's or master's thesis. We can do something about that. Here are some tips.
The worst thing about the thesis is the pressure of time management. There is so much to do in so little time. Once one problem is solved, the next one comes along... It seems never-ending.
Fortunately there are ways to save time, even a lot of time. We recommend looking at the ways to save time before you start because they can save a lot of time, especially as the deadline gets closer and stress is added.
The 17 worst time wasters for a thesis:
- Chaotic search for topics instead of looking for a specific topic. The topic-trip helps you find a topic in 10 minutes. LINK
- Chaotic search for sources instead of using a proven search strategy
- Collecting sources randomly instead of planning to find specific sources for a specific chapter or issue.
- Make the source list when you’re almost done instead of constantly entering the sources in the writing template.
- Reading for weeks first, instead of reading specifically, with the help of the micro question technique
- Using a question mark at open text passages instead of something better, namely an XXXX, which is easy to find.
- Remember that Wikipedia or similar sites include pages as sources instead of searching and evaluating real sources, preferably studies.
- Format at the end instead of working simultaneously with a writing template
- Insert footnotes at the end of the thesis, instead of constantly going back and forth
- Write the table of contents by hand instead of using a writing template
- Reproduce all images instead of using a good scanner or cutting from a PDF.
- Rebuild each table instead of working with a table template
- Make attachments by hand instead of using attachment templates
- Make a list of abbreviations at the end, instead of doing it while you’re writing.
- Save the file to other media only once in the evening instead of using a cloud service like Google One or Microsoft Live or Dropbox.
- Only think about the conclusion at the end, instead of in the proposal.
- Start by writing a lot then shorten what you’ve written, instead of working with the five pages writing technique
Good luck writing your text!
Silvio and the Aristolo Team
PS: Check out the Thesis-ABC and the Thesis Guide for writing a bachelor or master thesis in 31 days.